Rodney Smith, CIC, CRM
Biography of Rodney L. Smith, CIC, CRM
Lloyd’s America, Inc. 6340 Sugarloaf Parkway, Suite 200, Duluth GA 30097 · email@example.com · 678-775-6832
Rod joined Lloyd’s in late 2010 to open the Southeastern office for Lloyd’s in Atlanta. In this role he serves to promote, educate and facilitate Lloyd’s in the southeast. Prior to joining Lloyd’s, Rod served for almost 7 years as the Eastern Seaboard Vice President for ICAT. Rod has over 30 years of Insurance industry experience. His prior experience includes work with XL Capital, AIG and originally trained as a property Underwriter for the Aetna. Rod graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Risk Management & Insurance.
Rod serves on many educational and charitable boards including:
- Chairman of Fundraising, Georgia State University Risk Management Fund
- Chairman of the Atlanta Chapter of National Insurance Industry Council
- Chairman of Education, Georgia Surplus Lines Association
- Board Member, University of Georgia School of Risk Management
- Board Member, International Insurance Charitable Fund
- Board Member, WSIA Education Committee
- Board Member, International Society of Catastrophic Managers
- Board Member, Candler Field Museum
Rod is a faculty member and teaches Certified Risk Management courses for the National Alliance CRM CIC designations. He also is instructor for the WSIA University and has presented at many associations and conferences. Rod approved to provide CE credits in multiple states.