Looking for convenient yet valuable online CE?
Your state association has partnered with The Agents & Brokers Education Network (ABEN) to bring you relevant and professionally produced insurance education and training via live webcast technology.
ABEN's online CE platform will stream professional instructors right to your office, along with related course material and the ability to ask questions and chat with other students.
The Agents & Brokers Education Network (ABEN) is a joint project of state insurance and brokers associations who have a common goal: IMPROVING THE QUALITY AND ACCESSIBILITY OF DISTANCE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TO THEIR MEMBERS.
ABEN aims to serve as a platform to showcase and exchange the best in continuing education for mutual benefit of the associations and their membership. Business Professionals' Network manages the network and ensures the performance of the cutting edge technology that is the hallmark of ABEN.
The ABEN network is founded on the use of streaming video content over the internet that provides the participant with live, full motion video of the presenter, high quality audio, along with coordinated powerpoint slides. The ABEN platform, provided by Business Professionals' Network and its technology partner, BizVision, also allows the end user to fully participate in the webcast by downloading written materials, emailing questions to presenters in real time, making notes in the viewer "notes" area, and emailing those notes to themselves for later use. For more details view The ABEN Difference.
There are two processes for group viewing based on the numbers of viewers interested in viewing a webcast.
Small Groups - 2-9 viewers - Please contact the ABEN helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-747-1719, and ask for assistance in setting up a Corporate Account Administrator role.
Large Groups - 10 or more viewers - Please contact Sally Smith at email@example.com for discounted pricing information.
For more information, please visit the Corporate Accounts FAQs.
The presidential election is over. Some voters are happy and some are not. It always happens that way. Whatever your feelings regarding the election you -- a business owners -- will no doubt be curious (and perhaps concerned) regarding the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). The election confirms that this law WILL be implemented as it currently stands. No doubt numerous questions loom for the business owners and decision makers.
Questions that deal specifically with the ACA may be:
1) How will the ACA affect me, my family and my business?
2) What will a health insurance plan look like in 2014? What will it cover and for what policy limits?
3) Are there taxes, fees and penalties that may impact me and my business?
4) As a business owner do I have to provide health insurance for my employees? What might happen to me and my business if I provide a plan now, but stop doing so in 2014?
5) Is it possible to have a penalty even if I provide health insurance to my employees. How so?
6) I have heard that the income I pay employees might impact potential penalties that could be levied on me in 2014. How so?
7) I am looking at growing, expanding or maybe even acquiring another entity. Does the ACA need to be factored into my future decisions regarding growth?
8) I have heard some businesses are looking at changing some full-time employees to "part-time" status due to the ACA potential impact. Why would they do that and should I consider such an action?
9) I have heard a lot of conversation about the "Exchange". What is it and how might it affect me?
10) I currently provide a Consumer Driven Health Plan (Flex Spending Account - FSA, Health Saving Account - HSA, or Health Reimbursement Arrangement - HRA). Does the ACA impact these plans?
These and numerous other questions will be addressed during this ABEN webcast presentation, National Health Care Reform.
Part 2 is also available in your state's ABEN catalog!
State Specific Details:
FL - This session has been approved by the DFS for two (2) hours of continuing education credits (intermediate), Agents: CE #84001, CE 2-40 Health
SC - This course is approved in SC - Course#129042
OH - This course is approved in OH - Course # 38524
NC - This course is approved in NC - Course # C11660
WI - This course is approved in WI - Course#68454
MS - This course is approved in MS
TN - This course is approved in TN
NJ - This course is approved in NJ - Course# 88893922
MD - This course is approved in MD - Course # C12311
UT - This course is approved in UT - Course # 29362
KY - This course is approved in KY - Course # C12182